Personal information provided by an applicant in the Future Design Challenge will be used only for application reception, inquiries, examination, notification of examination results, and other matters deemed necessary for management/operations of the Future Design Challenge (the “Purposes”).
We will not use or provide personal information to any third party for any purpose other than the Purposes without the consent of the applicant.
Precaution / Property Rights
(1) Any and all frauds are prohibited when submitting works.
(2) Entries must be original by the applicant and have not been published in Japan or overseas.
(3) The submitted work is limited to works that are planned to be proposed to other design competitions or companies at the time of submission, or have not already been proposed.
(4) The applicant expresses and warrants that the submitted work does not infringe any rights of third parties including intellectual property rights and that there is no risk of infringement.
(5) The applicant shall have the rights to inventions, patents, utility models, designs, trademarks, and copyrights of all submitted works. Therefore, the applicant shall be responsible for protecting this, so please take measures such as protection of rights when applying. If not, the award may be invalidated.
(6) If the submitted work is the same as or very similar to the previously announced design, or if it infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, the award may be canceled even after the award is announced.
(7) Applicants must apply if the submitted work contains materials (including, but not limited to, art, photographs, fonts, etc.) created by a third party other than the applicant. At applicant’s expense and responsibility, the applicant will process the rights, such as obtaining the permission of the third party.
(8) The organizer and the operator may exclude the submitted work from the examination if it judges that it infringes the rights of a third party or may infringe the rights of a third party.
(9) The applicant shall respond at their own expense and responsibility when a third party makes a claim of infringement, etc. to the organizer and the operator regarding the submitted work. And the operator does not take any responsibility.
(10) The applicant shall fully compensate the organizer for damages, expenses, etc. based on claims of infringement of rights from a third party, regardless of the name.
(11) The organizer reserves the right to display and announce the submitted work.
(12) When commercialized, the applicant and the organizer will separately coordinate and discuss royalties, etc.
(13) If the organizer or the operator is not able to contact the applicant by the designated date after notification of the examination result, the award may be invalidated.